In a Little While

>> Sunday, January 11, 2009

I heard this analogy in a sermon by Dr. Eric Mason, Pastor @ Epiphany...i'm gonna paraphrase it:


"What if I told you about a great job opening up that was the opportunity of a lifetime and you, because of your great trust in my judgement, took the job without question.  Later you found that this job was manual labor paying minimum wage working 18 hours a day, 7 days a week.  You'd probably hate my guts and hire an assasin.  Bottom line, you wouldn't be skipping to work singing "oh happy day" like the kid in Sister Act. (I added this for comical purposes although, lets be honest here, its a great scene)

Now, take friend #2.  I go to him with the same spiel and he, in similar fashion, takes the bait. However with this buddy, I inform him that at the end of a year, i'll give him 10 million dollars.  How different would work be for him?  How fast would that year go by?"

Its a simple concept, but was an important reminder for me.  We are short-sighted by nature, and thus we have great reason to be daily reminded that we will dwell with the King.  

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known."  - 1 Corinthians 13:12


0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP