Kicking Against the Goads

>> Thursday, February 19, 2009

John 15
10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. 11These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

How dumb is it when we seek joy in breaking commandments?

I don't know about you, but I have to watch and pray CONSTANTLY so that I might not fall into temptation. I feel like Satan has a whole arsenal worth of weapons to tempt me with, trying to make me put my joy in people or things or future dreams of people and things. How Satan loves to distract us and divert our gaze upon the Lord who is my STRENGTH.

How great is the Lord that he gives us commands not to enslave us and steal our joy, but to set us free and complete our joy?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP