Angry Songs

>> Monday, April 20, 2009

I like angry songs. If "angry" was a genre, it would be my favorite one.

Now let me clarify: I don't like screamo. However, if you give me a song where it's evident that the artist is passionately upset about something, then i'll take that song and put it on repeat for half a day.

This applies to movies for me as well. Braveheart is flippin' sweat because William Wallace is one angry determined man. It costs him his life, but he counted the cost and paid the price.

I think it's important for me to also say that the opposite of this is true. Just as I like angry songs, I dislike cheesy happy songs. You could play me these types of songs all day and i'll eventually just get upset and seek out some angry raw music (j/k...but, I mean, seriously).

This applies to christians too. Truthfully, the order of this post is probably incorrect. I think that I started liking angry christians before I ever liked angry songs.

This probably needs some clarification as well: I don't like followers of Jesus who want to physically fight people all the time. Or those who are constantly cussing someone out and banging their heads into walls and such.

But the fact remains, there is far too little anger in us. Is there not reason?
Should we not be angry at our lack of fruit for Christ? At the sin that's still present in our lives? Should we not be angry at how lukewarm we are? How we don't believe God's promises? How we look so much like the world? How we are ashamed of the gospel? Oh, how little do we love others? How often do we solely love ourselves? Maybe more than all the others, should we not be angry at our lack of anger?

Lets get angry. Lets stop moping around and complaining about our problems. Lets rise. Lets pray that God would give us some HOLY DISSATISFACTION. Lets put on the full armor of God and stand firm in the Lord. Lets pray to a big God who does what he pleases.

I want to hear some angry prayers. I long to see someone so angry that their life changes. I want to see an army full of angry christians. I want us to wrestle with God until he blesses us. I want to see some people willing to fight to the death.

Any idol I have known,
whatever that idol be,
help me to tear it from its throne,
and worship only thee.
Spurgeon

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP