New Traditions

>> Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm at work right now, so this is going to be a quick post. Therefore, you have no right to make fun of me for typo's, spelling errors, random obscenities, alarmingly weird sarcastic jokes, or sudden off-topic comments.

I almost never talk about my job on this blog, so i'm going to start doing that from time to time. Well, thats my goal, we'll have to see if it actually happens.

I want to begin to explain the Putnam County WV-35 Job #14350 with something that has just began this past week:

I have a trash can in my office. Check it



You can't really see the trash can, it's hidden underneath the table there. However, as of last Friday, I have refused to merely spin around in my chair and set wads of trash into the can. No. I will not enjoy that luxury. I refuse. Instead, I walk out into the meeting area, give Kim (the secretary) a head nod to announce the pending spectacle, and set up about 12 feet from a larger trash can, ready to take fire. After I have Kim's undivided attention, which takes a total of 0.3 seconds, I let the paper-ball fly. I've honestly been pretty successful, making the shot at least 60% of the time. In my opinion, the shot is comparable to a 3-pointer, which, after looking at my shot percentage, would put me in the category of Steve Kerr or Reggie Miller.

My favorite part by far is Kim's reaction. She gets totally pumped when I make it. After the swoosh, I've come to expect a cheer and a high five. I even walked into my office this morning after a bank-shot and didn't seek the high five. HOWEVER, Kim wouldn't have it...she beckoned to me and I gladly partook of an up-top-high-five.

So, although this isn't all I do at my job, it's an essential part. Maybe i'll fill ya'll in on the serious part of the job, but I highly doubt it. I might just stick with shooting paper-balls and celebratory high-fives.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP