New Job Location

>> Monday, August 24, 2009

Well, the Lord has blessed me greatly in multiple ways:

  1. I still have a job despite layoffs within Kokosing
  2. I just got placed on a job in Nelsonville (see picture below for more details)
  3. I'm going to get to work on the Bridge portion of the project, which is what I wanted to get involved in
This means that i'll be living in Columbus and actually will be able to partake in activities such as:
  1. Seeing my girlfriend on the weekdays
  2. Hanging out w/ buddies
  3. Joining a community group w/ Veritas and serving the church more regularly
  4. Possibly living w/ brothers in a house as opposed to living with grandmas in a one bedroom apartment...and by live with grandmas, I mean have them as neighbors...and just for the record, I really love the grandmas
Okay, I think the numbered lists are done for now. Or are they?
  1. No
  2. No
  3. and no
Alright, that was just silly.

Anyways, it appears that i'll be moving out of Hurricane and over to Nelsonville very soon, as in this week or next. That could change I guess, but I'm going to push for more sooner than later.

Guys at my work often say a little phrase when something good happens to somebody, "You must be livin' right." Praise the Lord that that saying is a crock of crap. I'm thankful that although i'm regularly "not livin' right", he blesses me in grace.

(Click on the picture to see my excellent art work, I slaved over this for hours)

Oh and for those out there who care to know, this job is the 3rd phase of a project that is putting a bypass around the city of Nelsonville. Kokosing is just now completing phase 1 and Beaver Construction is going to be starting up phase 2 at about the same time we get rockin'. The job consists of substantial dirt work (4.5 million cubic yards of excavation/embankment), 8 bridges, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 miles of full depth concrete pavement. It bid for $45,200,000 and some change. I'll likely be on this project for 1.5 to 2 years, although who knows what could happen.

Praise God!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP