It's been a while...

>> Sunday, November 7, 2010

Well, I may be blogging to myself now after a 4 month blogging sabbatical, but i'm going to write anyways.

To be honest, I stopped blogging because I really didn't have much to say. The past year or so has been a steady downhill slope where I've been stumbling and sliding towards the valley of lukewarmness. I've had to continually make excuses for my failure to honor the Lord over and over, and for a long time, it was getting worse and worse.

Yet thanks be to God and Jesus Christ for being patient and gentle with fickle followers such as me. Isaiah 42:3 "a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice."

The past month has been one of repentance and it's been a battle. In the words of Lecrae, Satan is a beast. This is why the word warns believers that they shall face many trials and tribulations to enter into the kingdom. However we have a champion that has disarmed the enemy and will one day silence his mouth. This brings me hope and encourages me to take up arms and fight the good fight.

Though it took far too long, I'm now determined to be done with excuses. I resolve to pursue the Lord, pursue my wife, encourage my brothers, and serve the church. The lamb of God is worthy. All praise to Christ!

2 comments:

chelsa November 9, 2010 at 12:53 AM  

love the honesty, brother!

welcome back to the blogosphere... and to pursuing your faith with all you are.

yay for jesus' faithfulness. :)

AJ November 16, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

Dang,

Good verse. Praise Christ for his Faithfulness, a bruised reed he will not break!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP