IF YOU ARE MEMORIZING SCRIPTURE, YOU MUST READ THIS!

>> Monday, February 23, 2009

Okay, I have 3 things:
1) A bunch of super cool people are memorizing the book of Philippians. We just started two weeks ago, so you can easily catch up if you're dedicated. We have not yet declared any pace, but i'm going slow, wanting to remember this for good and not just for a month or two. SOOOOOOOOOOO, you are very informally invited to join myself and others in memorizing Pauls letter to the Phillipian church.

I'd also encourage you to let a brother or sister know you're doing it. Practically speaking, it's good to have some accountability in doing something that isn't necessarily the most fun thing to do in the world. Also, don't just pick a Joe Shmoe McGee to be your "accountability partner" (oh how I hate that phrase). Pick someone who will actually question if you're being a bumface or not.

2) If you are lacking in the motivation category, get your needed conviction from the video here. Okay okay, so you were duped there...I couldn't help it.

Seriously though, before you begin the memorization process, I'd STRONGLY encourage you to listen to a sermon by John Piper titled "If My Words Abide in You" You can download it HERE!

3) At some point in college, I attempted to record myself reading a passage of scripture, save it to an mp3 file, and listen to it on my ipod. It was a semi successful project, with a strong emphasis on the word semi. However, ESV Bible Online has now made this a TON easier, and also reduced the lameness of the whole thing to a much more reasonable level. Check out how to do it HERE!

Psalm 119:11 I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP