Radical Womanhood by Carolyn McCulley

>> Thursday, March 12, 2009


Let me start this post off with a statement of obvious fact: you may like some books that I think are positively lame. Now with that in mind, let me tell you why I think you shouldn't buy this book.

I originally got this book to get some insight on God's call specifically to women. I've read a bunch of solid stuff on gender roles, but have always been primarily interested in the male side of things. After realizing I probably should be pretty confident on both sides if i'm ever going to lead a lady, I picked up this book which was highly recommended by a fellow blogger.

I later came to find out that this book HARDLY talks about radical womanhood at all. Basically, the entire book is an outline of feminism; its rise, the people behind it, and its effects. It reads more like a history book than anything else.

In my opinion, feminism is dumb for the same reasons chauvinism is dumb. Both theologies start off with "I deserve...." and therefore both do not line up with Christianity.

Frankly, feminism isn't that exciting to me, and I certainly don't need to read a 200 page book on its history. If you're not a recovered or recovering feminist turned christian, save your money and read something else.


1 comments:

Jody Lee March 14, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

mark i'm surprised by this post, given your comments the other day about how you led a feminist movement on osu campus your freshmen year.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP