Ramblin'

>> Thursday, March 19, 2009

Well, I don't really have anything life changing to write down here nor have I been compelled to post due to a divine revelation or weighty burden. But i'm just gonna ramble and see what happens.

God's been taking me through a season of conviction. I think all who are truly children of God go through this from time to time. Let me explain: Right now, it seems like the smallest thing could happen and I'd be rocked with conviction. Now, you might think that this is a symptom of a disease i've picked up from being locked away in WV for too long...well, you're wrong (although being down here likely has caused a multitude of other psychological and physiological problems that will surface over time). Truth be told, this is good stuff. It's a conviction that's leading to repentance and not guilt.

Here's the questions that have been going through my head, producing the bulk of conviction that I'm talking about:

1) Why don't I pray more?
2) Why don't I seek opportunities to preach the gospel to unbelievers? Why am I so content to remain silent when hell awaits all those who don't repent and believe?
3) Why am I so selfish? Why don't I think about the glory and honor of the Lord?
4) Why am I so afraid to be different and take risks? Why am I so content to have just a little Jesus and a little Holy Spirit such that I'm cool and friendly and blend in with others?
5) Why is it that Jesus said that all who come after him WILL be persecuted, and yet I'm hardly at all because of how little I proclaim Jesus?

I repent. I pray that we, may never get to a place where we are content to be comfortable. I pray that we don't just try to be normal. I pray that we'd pray more, speak more often to unbelievers, die to ourselves, take risks, and, above all else, WORSHIP JESUS. I pray that God would light a fire within his children. I pray that we'd lift up our eyes and realize that we are new creations, no longer our own. I pray that we'd fix our eyes on a kingdom that was not made by hands, where moth and rust do not destroy and theives don't break in and steal. I pray that we'd surrender all, that Christ would reign in us, our hope of glory.

God do it, for Jesus sake.

2 comments:

AJ March 20, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

amen brother, amen. thanks for the ramblin!

- AJ

Anonymous March 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

ok, it's on.
thx sammy

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP