Punishment or Discipline?

>> Monday, October 5, 2009

I can't tell you how many times I've thought that some crappy event in my life was a judgement from God for some sin I committed that morning or that week, and that God was ticked at me/hiding from me. Then follows the prayers of desperation such as, "forgive me, forgive me, forgive me, please forgive me."

Yet, are we not his children? Aren't we given Christ's righteousness? Isn't the law overthrown, nailed to the cross? Aren't we in Christ and isn't the Father "well pleased" with his only begotten son?

Check out this article on God's punishment vs God's discipline. It's helped me sort through some thoughts on the topic. http://www.cafeapocalypsis.com/?p=608

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP